Comments: New game keeps game alive

Will bring the blocker and trapper

Posted by Nouvelle at February 9, 2019 10:23 PM

I will there tomorrow. Please bring the blocker and trapper tomorrow Guy!
Thx

Posted by lakattack at February 9, 2019 06:13 PM

Big D and I are in for tomorrow and Coach is coming back with 4 newbies in tow so we may have aome new recruits

Posted by Nouvelle at February 9, 2019 02:29 PM

Open for check-ins, or anything else you want to say.

Posted by Living Legend at February 8, 2019 11:32 PM

It looks like the alphabet soup spambots have found us again, so I'm closing comments until next Saturday for check-ins. You can always go to the Facebook page to post notices as well. I've also posted a notice on Craigslist to see if we can root out some more players.

Posted by Living Legend at February 3, 2019 08:01 PM

I will bring the glove and blocker

If anyone is debating whether to go or not...Just go!!

Posted by Nouvelle at February 3, 2019 09:53 AM

Guy, can you bring the goalie gear...i don't need the pads-only the blocker and trapper

Posted by lakattack at February 3, 2019 08:35 AM

Still sick this week guys

Posted by Kid at February 3, 2019 02:26 AM

I am in but big D is out as he has 2 games in the afternoon

Posted by Nouvelle at February 2, 2019 09:59 AM

I am in this Sunday!

Posted by lakattack at February 1, 2019 03:18 PM

I'm in for Sunday.

Posted by Living Legend at January 31, 2019 10:21 PM

Some great ideas expressed here. For me, I like the idea of better communication of who will be out each Sunday. Having said that...I should be at the game this Sunday (Feb. 3)...although I might be a tad late depending on border traffic.

Posted by Dervish at January 31, 2019 04:19 PM

Thanks all for checking in. I'll be back next week, and hopefully we can get a full game going.

Posted by Living Legend at January 27, 2019 07:32 PM

was planning to make it out tomorrow but it looks like the bulk of the regulars can't make it anyway. So count on me for next week we can pick it up then.

Posted by Joker at January 27, 2019 12:59 AM

I can't make it either...sick this week

Posted by Kid at January 27, 2019 12:41 AM

Sorry, but Big D and I are out for tomorrow. Back next week!

Posted by Nouvelle at January 27, 2019 12:26 AM

I'm out from Sunday's game. Kid-minding duties. Sorry.

Posted by Living Legend at January 25, 2019 07:34 AM

Doo thanks for the exit interview!

I do agree that we need a new way of communicating who is playing on Sundays!

With all this being said, I will be out next week-finished with moving and other stuff.

Posted by lakattack at January 22, 2019 03:15 PM

The game has a lot of things going for it and I think a few tweaks, especially to communication methods, would be a big help and help get the game back on its feet.

More than anything, considering a few changes is the most important things the roadsters should be doing to help out - as Scotty Bowman said, the key to his long successful career was constant adaptation.

It's been a long time since Sunday Morning adapted to anything.

Anyway that's all from Doo for now - enjoy the rest of the season and looking forward to some new innovations for the game soon!

Posted by Doo at January 20, 2019 10:31 PM

It might also be time to revisit some other issues that might be affecting turnout, such as game safety, game format, having recurring teams, game time and location, getting more recruitment going online, etc. etc.

If most of a season has been half-court games and games with fewer than three participants on each team, pretty much everything should be on the table.

Clearly, people used to enjoy coming out reliably, but they don't anymore. Some introspection as to why is long overdue

Posted by Doo at January 20, 2019 10:28 PM

It seems to me the days of "everyone knows the're a game, so they'll just show up" are pretty much finished. These days, especially with low numbers, people need to be reassured that there will be a game before they commit to coming out. Especially with regulars coming from places like Maple Ridge, Delta, and North Van

Posted by Doo at January 20, 2019 10:26 PM

Glad to see the game continuing! I will be out for the rest of the season and at the moment unsure for the Stanley Stick.

As the league continues on through some fallow times, it might be a good idea to consider some changes to game organization, etc.

An updated way for everyone to get in contact with each other, eg. whatsapp group, text, facebook, rosterbot, active calling, etc. would probably be pretty effective. I play in a number of other games where people are much more communicative about whether they're showing, and in some an organizer actually reaches out to everyone to make sure they can make it.

Posted by Doo at January 20, 2019 10:25 PM