Comments: PFG sows seeds for possible comeback

On my way! See you at 10:30!
Hope there's no ice.

Posted by The Colonel at November 5, 2017 09:51 AM

I'm in! See you shortly

Posted by Joker at November 5, 2017 09:33 AM

Joker you in today! Let me know so i can bring the goalie gear or not.

Posted by lakattack at November 5, 2017 08:43 AM

I will be there....brrrr

Posted by Nouvelle at November 4, 2017 11:40 PM

Lets get a full game tomorrow, I ll be there with one orange ball!

Posted by Scooby at November 4, 2017 02:34 PM

Just a reminder that clocks go back an hour, don't show at 9:30 think no one is arriving and bail please. Though this might mean that some of us are on time for once too...

Posted by Cleveland at November 3, 2017 11:26 PM

Great game today gentlemen. Cowboy Bill looked like he hadn't missed a step in his years off! And big kudos to Kid for showing up sick.

Posted by Doo at October 29, 2017 10:26 PM

It was great to be back on the court today. Hopefully we have enough for a full game next week. I still have lots of rust to shake off.

Posted by Cowboy at October 29, 2017 08:08 PM

Great game today-2 on 2 with 2 goalies. Despite being sick, another MVP like performance by the Kid.

We had a special guest today. Hint Giddie Up! See if you can figure it out lol!

Look forward to next week! Joker and Nouvelle will be back for next Sun!

Posted by lakattack at October 29, 2017 05:04 PM

Hey guys, like Colonel I got waylayed by life this morning☹️. I was literally heading out the door when kid (not Kid) embarked on an epic meltdown. Hoping next week will go smoother and I'll be back on track. Such a great day for a road hockey game too...

Posted by Living Legend at October 29, 2017 12:38 PM

What time does the game start? 10:45?

Posted by Cowboy at October 29, 2017 09:22 AM

Hey guys, unfortunately my wife is sick this morning and my kids have several places they need to be so I will be unable to play today. Sucks because I was really looking forward to it. Hope you have a great game!

Posted by The Colonel at October 29, 2017 07:47 AM

Doo lol! Praise the hockey gods for we are about to have a real meaningful game!

This game could be a make or break it year for Roadhockey net lol!

Wink-how are u my friend?

Posted by lakattack at October 27, 2017 02:41 PM

Alright the stars have aligned and I will BE THERE on Sunday.

Scooby has also indicated he will attend...

Posted by Doo at October 27, 2017 02:03 PM

Just a heads up that I can't make it this weekend, I think Ohio is playing but not 100% sure

Posted by Cleveland at October 26, 2017 11:28 PM

And, sorry to miss you PFG. I know what it's like to end up with a crazy schedule. But, I'm looking forward to playing this weekend!

Posted by The Colonel at October 26, 2017 09:10 PM

Sounds like we will have a good game Sunday! And, the weather might even be good! See you then!

Posted by The Colonel at October 26, 2017 09:08 PM

Kid! You're alive!!!

Thank you! I bought some nice goalie gear that I am looking forward to trying out this Sun!

Posted by lakattack at October 25, 2017 12:49 PM

I have the old mask still. I can bring it along with the other extra stuff I have.

Posted by Kid at October 25, 2017 12:11 PM

Legend should consider Rosterbot...just saying...every other ball hockey group I play with uses either it or teamsnap.
Sorry I missed your invite Colonel and didn't reply; Sunday was an entire write off for me. I don't check the website very often anymore either, as, when I actually can play, sundays are usually ice hockey for me now.

Posted by pfg at October 24, 2017 08:45 PM

Kid!! Do you have the old goalie mask that came with all the gear???

Please let me know!

Posted by lakattack at October 24, 2017 02:53 PM

In a way, it's forgivable that we didn't know whether Kid was coming. He never really went for the Internet fad. Now Legend not being in the know, that's kind of crazy ... but it would explain his loyalty to old technology.

Big pants for Lak. Got it. I will bring what I have. I know you will make them fit.

Posted by The Colonel at October 23, 2017 06:12 PM

Legend,

Maybe we need to teach kid about communication skills. Did you get his contact info??

Is he coming out next Sun??

Posted by lakattack at October 23, 2017 09:36 AM

Howdy roadsters, I won't be out until the shrimp show. See you in 2018!

Posted by Doo at October 23, 2017 09:07 AM

Kid lives! He and I were the only roadsters there today.

Posted by Living Legend at October 22, 2017 10:34 PM

Thanks Colonel! Just remember I need extra large pants these days lol!

Posted by lakattack at October 22, 2017 08:57 PM

I will donate hockey pants to the league. Don't have a helmet.

Posted by The Colonel at October 22, 2017 08:07 PM

Just bought some goalie gear. However, missing a mask and hockey pants. Can someone please come up a mask or caged helmet for next week??

I can survive without hockey pants but would be nice if someone can find a pair for next week.

Posted by lakattack at October 22, 2017 06:10 PM

See you next week Roadsters.

Posted by The Colonel at October 22, 2017 10:19 AM

That is a good question Colonel??

I am working on buying some used gear from craigslist. I will let you guys know if I get some gear for next week.

Posted by lakattack at October 22, 2017 09:43 AM

Beautiful day! ~ No goalie gear, no goalies?

Unfortunate that we haven't heard from Kid. How do we get the 'tender gear back from him if he won't be showing this year?

Posted by The Colonel at October 22, 2017 09:09 AM

I will check back in tomorrow morning but it doesn't seem like we've made quite enough progress yet. Mostly I'm concerned that we don't seem to have goalie gear.
I heard from Twizz and he wants to play but he has a hurt back.
I also heard from Hoss and he may be able to debut next week as he's in the last stages of surgery recovery but should be cleared soon.
The silver lining seems to be that there is lots of interest but it seems likely that it will materialize next week and then Additionally so the week after.

Posted by The Colonel at October 21, 2017 11:52 PM

Boys, I still pay for it for days after running for the bus. I do have a road to recovery, but it's early days. I'm fat, I hurt, and to forestall the entire collapse of my athletic ego, I cling to the memories of once dangling Doo out of his pants and making twiz look like a pylon with a shelfer. #trueStory
;)

Posted by Yakker at October 21, 2017 07:35 PM

Hi guys. I will be unable to come tomorrow. Hope you guys have a great game.

Posted by Beetle Boy at October 21, 2017 06:18 PM

I can play goal...someone has to contact joker for goalie equipment. I can't pick it up as I will be carless

Posted by Lakattack at October 21, 2017 05:17 PM

I think we're closer to a game than we thought. I count 5 or 6 for sure: Colonel, Lak, Cleveland, Bam, Legend, Ohio? ... If Twiz and Kid are in, we have a game with goalies. Also waiting on Beetle, Hoss, Doo and Yak as possibilities. Cleveland is reaching out to a few folks as well. Keep your fingers crossed roadhockey fans!

Scoob tells me he will be a regular starting next week.

PFG, what about you? Maybe make it two weeks in a row! :)

Posted by The Colonel at October 21, 2017 04:38 PM

Sorry guys, I'm confirming we cant make it this week or next. Big D's hockey..what can you do..

Posted by Nouvelle at October 21, 2017 03:47 PM

I plan to come all Sundays this year as per the past. I just wasn't able to last week.
I sent a note out to Twizzler, Bam, Yak, Beetle, Hoss, Scooby and Doo to see if they could play and asked them to report their availability here. It would be great to get a game in and properly start the season.

Don't let it be Roadhockey's darkest day!

Posted by The Colonel at October 21, 2017 03:39 PM

I'll play if there will be a game with goaltenders. I'll check back late this evening to see if anyone has indicated they are coming.

Posted by The Colonel at October 21, 2017 03:31 PM

Sadly, I with you Cleve! No one is responding to anything!

Posted by lakattack at October 21, 2017 02:25 PM

Unless we get some confirmations I'll be a no for tomorrow. Guaranteed to have no Joker and no Nouvelle, no extra pads, no sign from kid or Twizz, it's looking really unlikely that we will have even a single tender....

Posted by Cleveland at October 21, 2017 12:22 PM

Is anybody out there????

Colonel you coming out this Sunday?? Twiz?? KID???

Let's start a Manhunt for these peeps lol!

Posted by lakattack at October 20, 2017 12:55 PM

Awesome goaltending from both sides!!
Does anyone know how to get a hold of kid???

Kid are you planning to come out next week. If not, can we get our goalie gear back.

Twiz! Are you coming out for next week??

Posted by lakattack at October 16, 2017 12:50 PM

Joker, you were equally as awesome. I'm pretty sure our save percentages were the same :). You faced a significantly higher amount of shots, and Lak, Cleveland, Ohio (sounds like a suburb) were controlling the majority of play. Too bad colonel bailed, you would have had a sub....just sayin'...
Will try to come out a few more. Ice hockey sunday nights tho. Not to mention, just plain old...back was killing me at the pumpkin patch later. Where I saw pigs!

Posted by pfg at October 16, 2017 09:56 AM

PFG, you killed it today. You put on a real clinic and showed me just how big the skates are that i am trying to fill as the most recent goaltending addition to the game. I think I speak for everyone when I say it would be great to have you out more often. I'll see you in 2 weeks guys let me know if anybody wants me to drop some gear off at their place before Sunday morning. You can reach me at 604 4oneSEVEN 4five45

Posted by Joker at October 16, 2017 12:48 AM