Comments: SPECIAL REPORT: Hiatus could last as ice lingers

Be there soon

Posted by Scooby at January 8, 2017 09:47 AM

Uh...holy crap! 18" of snow + 3" if ice as a base. Snow is up to the top of the concrete sidewalls....we could play on tip of the snow and be sheer lunatics which i am perfectly willing to stay and do...will wait and see who else shows up

Posted by Nouvelle at January 8, 2017 09:44 AM

Im in and shoveling...yes now!

Posted by Nouvelle at January 8, 2017 09:31 AM

Who is all in for today game

Posted by Twizzler at January 8, 2017 08:47 AM

I am in!!See you all tomorrow.

Posted by lakattack at January 7, 2017 06:45 PM

I just visited the courts myself and can confirm that it would be utter lunacy to try and dig them out. If we were to pull it off though, this would undoubtedly go down as the Greatest Of All Time... one the biggest jewels on the monument that is Sunday Morning Road Hockey.

Load up on carbs tonight, eat a big breakfast, and get every able-bodied you know to come along and help out! I'll be there early.

PS. A 15-pack of Molson has been procured to help lubricate the effort. Huzzah!

Posted by Doo at January 7, 2017 04:06 PM

The snow on the courts is pretty compacted and hard. So much so, that we could play on top of it. It wouldn't be the smoothest or fastest game ever, but it might be a lot of fun.
More snow in the forecast for tonight.
Check here for further updates, or the Twitter and Facebook feeds (links to the right, below The Stick Pull).

Posted by Living Legend at January 7, 2017 03:49 PM

All right I'm in....Last year it was me, Joker, and Living Legend that sadly left the shrimp half uneaten with no game. Let's not have the same thing happen again!!

Legend if you think we wont have a game or enough people will you postpone via the comments?

Bringing one shovel...

Posted by Nouvelle at January 7, 2017 03:04 PM

Hey boys, I just talked to Doo and I am in, but seems like we need more people comitted. I can bring two metal shovels and possibly some salt.

Hopefully see you all Tomorrow!

Posted by Scooby at January 7, 2017 01:42 PM

Shrimp Ring Shovelling Brigade! Bring shovels! Spades! Scrapers! Salt! Sand!

Posted by Living Legend at January 7, 2017 10:14 AM

I think we'll need a few more people to commit...

Posted by Doo at January 7, 2017 09:58 AM

One word: Napalm! Awesome effort on the shovels Doo! Anyone else with shovels, salt or sand should bring them as well! Let's get this done!

Posted by Living Legend at January 5, 2017 04:18 PM

Happy new year roadsters!

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will be there on Sunday and ready for a couple hours of hard labour. I have a couple snow shovels and a couple actual shovels.

Having participated in a few "digouts" at the courts, I can say they're sometimes even more fun than the game itself. There's something special about busting your ass with 10 other guys just to play a silly game.

That being said, I am totally down with Lak's idea as well. Seriously, that would be awesome.

I was looking forward to some shrimp and a chance to put an "L" in Kid 2.0's ledger... let's make it happen!

Posted by Doo at January 5, 2017 04:09 PM

New blow torch at home depot for $104. Everyone pitch in $10??

Posted by lakattack at January 5, 2017 02:22 PM

Fyi: Ran into PFG at the hockey on Monday Jan 2, 2017. He says hi.

I think we need an intervention for the courts. Anybody have a blow torch???

I say we come out and do our best to clear the damn snow! Am I alone or will all the roadsters join me??

Posted by lakattack at January 5, 2017 02:15 PM