Comments: Winning with control

Agreed, as I did not care about it either, but you seem to want to bring me into it.

Posted by Couch at January 28, 2004 09:56 AM

Nobody cares about that Couch. Just let it go.

Posted by TheColonel at January 25, 2004 12:16 AM

New Guy, I thought you knew TED BUNDY was me, well according to Colonel

Posted by Couch at January 23, 2004 10:27 AM

NewGuy,
I don't know if you're real brave or real dumb, taking a swing at the league office like that.

Posted by Wink at January 22, 2004 05:03 PM

It's not Jay Suburb you have to worry about, it's the wrath of the League Commissioner. We all know that Jay Suburb is but a peon in his kingdom. The Commish controls the media; and when you control the media, you control everything. If he was a player, I'd bet he'd even control the face off circle.

Posted by TheColonel at January 22, 2004 02:33 PM

I was thinking the roadsters might like to play Ice hockey and since I don't have everyones email it was the best was to reach everyone, screw Jay Suburb.

Posted by NewGuy at January 22, 2004 11:12 AM

I was gonna respond to your poorly written blithering Newguy... that is until I noticed your recrutment posting for Ice hockey on Suburb's site...

Probably a good idea to stay away this weekend or the Legend will have your head.

What were you thinking?

Posted by elvis at January 22, 2004 10:55 AM

Hey Elvis long time no see, how was the trip?
I see you are once again insinuating I'm gay, good one. You seem very preoccupied with my sexual orientation, I personally find this very odd. Me on one hand a happily married man with a 5 month old child and you who make clandestine trips to SoCal. I can only hazard 2 guesses, either you havn't moved past the 15 year or stage of making gay jokes or you are in fact struggling with your own sexuality, but that is a discussion best left for your therapist.

Wink, why all the rage?

Colonel, wtf is with TED BUNDY, who the hell is he?

Since I will most likely not be playing on Sunday I will refrain from futher posting.

Posted by NewGuy at January 21, 2004 06:37 PM

Wow, Newguy thats gotta be a tough one to swallow...I mean the math never lies...but then I guess your used to swallowing all sorts of ...DAMN -there I go again!

Sorry everyone.

Posted by elvis at January 21, 2004 05:50 PM

Nice math, Paul One.

Posted by Wink at January 21, 2004 04:14 PM

Forget about what "happened" to New Guy. If he keeps it up, I'm more concerned about what's going to happen.

By the way Wink, I've been counting and you have a lifetime goals total of 1472(278 of which were banked off of Bird's ass).

New Guy you have total of 412. I think that makes you 28% of the man that Wink is.

Posted by PaulOne at January 21, 2004 03:04 PM

hey wendel!
love the pictures, loved the prancing see you at the parade with the "Hired Gun"

PS Eyes are almost healed, how are your peepers coming along Ottoman?

Posted by lobsterboy at January 21, 2004 02:38 PM

Bad things happened to you in high school, didn't they NewGuy?

Posted by Wink at January 21, 2004 12:49 PM

How am I slipping? Its Wink who can't remember his +/-.

Posted by NewGuy at January 21, 2004 12:23 PM

Well put Wink.

New Guy, I think you are slipping. You forgot to give us your plus / minus and playing time statistics from Sunday. Without this valuable information I am finding it very difficult to sleep at night.

Posted by TheColonel at January 21, 2004 10:39 AM

Yeah, I was playing. I got seven goals. But we lost, running the record of my teams this season to 17-12. I think my teams' record all-time is 1,472-1,375, although the archives for Year II are a little suspect, I believe. (Keep in mind, I was on the winning side a whole lot in the early years, back before the Legend realized that I was cheatin' on the stick pull and subsequently forbid me from ever being in charge of picking the teams.)

Posted by Wink at January 21, 2004 09:47 AM

Was Wink even playing Sunday? ;)

Posted by NewGuy at January 20, 2004 10:57 PM

Oh blarg, another promising tiff snuffed out by syrupy goodwill. Kiss kiss.

For the first time in ages the media actually published action photos that included me, which was great except that I look like the Prancing Queen trying to clutch & grab the Almighty Bird. Thank you Jay Suburb. I did like the shot of Wink flattening Nibs into the fence though.

Posted by Wendel at January 20, 2004 10:38 PM

The warm and fuzzy Elvis we all love has re-entered the building.

Long live GENTLEMAN ELVIS...

Posted by PaulOne at January 20, 2004 05:51 PM

Oh! Thaaaaat gun. My mistake. I guess its been so long since hes made an appearance, his play is fading from memory...is he coming out to play or something?

...and who the hecks the Road Warrior? Am I gonna haveta take a trip to the archives of yesterday to find out?

Elvis

ps. You're right Paul1 -Im sorry. That was a little harsh and wasn't very considerate. I really shouldn't have posted such an insensative note and Ill never do it again. I just thought that if I said such things in a public manner, he may rise to the occasion and prove me wrong. Next time Ill try to be be nicer about it and respect everyones feelings, including yours.

Posted by elvis at January 20, 2004 03:09 PM

Beetle Boy,

I didn't know that a slight slip and ankle bump warranted a 4-6 week hiatus. I should hope the injury is long gone by now.

Your real problem this weekend will not be the ankle; rather, it will be your mobility as I am quite sure that the 3 bags of chips per day, and the endless lounging on the couch, have resulted in a 4-inch blanketing of your midsection.

Posted by TheColonel at January 20, 2004 11:33 AM

Elvis,

You were a little hard on the Gun.

Seems like you brought back a little "Surly L.A. attitude" with you.

I say everybody uses what's in their toolbox and the Gun's toolbox has a hammer.

Posted by PaulOne at January 20, 2004 11:30 AM

No, he was talking about the Gun that was a defensive force and could keep some of the game's biggest scoring stars off their game.

Posted by Wink at January 20, 2004 10:34 AM

By 'the man"

...I assume you mean 'the man' who would check the opposition -even when his own team has the ball and is breaking up the court?

...or 'the man' that thought his stick was mearly a tool to hook, trip and slash his opponents?

...or 'the man' who's shot was as hard and accurate as a 6 year old childs?

...is that the Hired Gun you're talking about?

Posted by elvis at January 20, 2004 10:18 AM

With the ankle feeling good, look for Beetle Boy to make his return to the courts this coming Sunday........

Posted by Beetle Boy at January 19, 2004 06:11 PM

He's in the witness protection program....

Posted by Wink at January 19, 2004 05:18 PM

What happened to Hired Gun Dixon Tam?

He was the man!