Comments: Lak goes on attack

I don't think Doo should become a weather man.

Posted by The Colonel at April 21, 2013 07:55 AM

I'm partial to Burberry bags myself.

Posted by The Colonel at April 19, 2013 08:12 PM

I don't know... I think I agree with Hermes Bags... "Lak goes on attack" "Lak goes on attack" "Lak goes on attack"... that's the most successful spam bot I've seen this year <-- prophecy ?

Posted by Yakker at April 18, 2013 10:04 PM

I think my feelings might be temporarily hurt if I'm on the "weaker" team and am traded to the "better" team for a good player but if that happens you can bet you'll get my best game so I'm fine with it any way you look at it. :)

Posted by The Colonel at April 18, 2013 07:54 PM

I call 2nd captain, first pick!
Who am I kidding? We know the self-proclaimed commissioner will never go for "fair" teams. Definitely not "the people's president"! More the Gary Bettman type.

Posted by The Colonel at April 18, 2013 07:18 PM

Scooby makes a valid point; even teams always make for a better stick.

Sunday's looking like 13 and sunny! Bring the coolers and fold-up chairs!

Posted by Doo at April 18, 2013 12:10 PM

Colonel your in the wrong career-you should be a public relations specialist!

Public relations (PR)
The aim of public relations by a company often is to persuade the public, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders to maintain a certain point of view about it, its leadership, products, or of political decisions.

Source: Wikipedia

Posted by lakattack at April 18, 2013 09:40 AM

I must say I am jealous of your media attention, Colonel. I never get the attention I deserve, part of the reason I refused to talk to the media last game. And of course I am keeping track...I'm going for my fourth this year, hopefully we can win it together.

As for the teams, I really think we should make trades after the card pull if they look uneven. There have a lot of lopsided games this year.

Posted by Scooby at April 18, 2013 12:36 AM

But hey, otter than Lak, The Colonel is the most celebrated, most covered player in road hockey history so that's something. Maybe he'll even get his own player card one day. :P

Posted by The Colonel at April 17, 2013 09:04 PM

For the record, I think I'm a fairly brutal 2 and 5 in Stanley Stick championships but Scoob will have to confirm as he's clearly the one paying attention. One of those wins should never have happened so I like to think of my record as an even more dismal 1 and 6.

Posted by The Colonel at April 17, 2013 09:01 PM

On 3 separate occasions the roadhockey media have squashed Votes to name Colonel MVP simply because he was part of the losing team. Ron Hextal would never agree with such biased tyranny. Now The Colonel is too damn old to be considered anything more than a role player. So, if you're one of the unlucky to be pulled on his team, stop standing around watching him and DO something to make your team win!

Posted by The Colonel at April 17, 2013 08:55 PM

Lak, didn't that happen last year with the exception of Legend? I recall it didn't go very well what with bizarre commitments to marathons and Yakker's bumb calf! Still, I'd welcome another opportunity.

Scoob, you are mean. We are never on the same team and won't be again this year as Legend stacks the deck over and over again with his magic set of cards!

Posted by The Colonel at April 17, 2013 08:48 PM

I would like to trash talk but it always winds up biting me in the Arse, so ain't going there!

Fun to play last week and hope that Twiz is there both of the Stanley Stick games.

Although this won't happen, it would be pretty cool if the teams turn out to be the old timers(me, colonel, yak, legend, Chico, one leg guy)against the young guns!

Posted by lakattack at April 17, 2013 02:48 PM

Apply cold water to burn. Zing!

Too bad I wasn't around to school you last week, Scoob. Can you even remember how to play ball hockey outdoors? I hear your new bionic foot isn't up to marathon stick conditions...

(disclaimer: please ignore if we wind up being on the same team)

Posted by Doo at April 17, 2013 12:33 PM

When was the last time you won the stick, Colonel? It has been a while I believe? I also don't remember ever being on your team in any stick I have played in.

Posted by Scooby at April 17, 2013 10:47 AM

Mid-week leading up to the Stanley Stick and no comments on the formum thus far. Shame on all of you!

Calm before the storm?