Comments: Roadsters bounce back

FDS makes me think of FDR.

Stoked for today. First of the year for me!

Posted by Velma at October 4, 2009 09:24 AM

that's a bummer, bomber. i was looking forward to stonewalling you tomorrow. this may be one of the few games i'll be able to make this year.
nice to see a former player checking up on the roadsters too. nice name. makes you think of what kind of player he was :)

Posted by pfg at October 3, 2009 02:36 PM

Hey boys, can't make it this sunday. Have fun, see y'all next week!

Posted by Unabomber at October 3, 2009 10:26 AM

OMG!!!! Still going strong after all these years. very impressive boys. Longevity thy name is the Road Hockey News. As an original participant in the first NOW-News showdown at Queen's Park waaaayyy back in 1991 (???) I had all but forgotten the brave souls who faithfully trudged out rain, shine or snow every Sunday. During a bit of down time during an arrest here in Cowtown I told my partner about the road hockey page I used to be a part of and followed religiously... a bit of web surfing later and here you are! So many names still there... nostalgia. All the best boys from the law enforcement community out east here and I'll be back reading on a regular basis...
FDS...
Calgary Police Service

Posted by Fashion Diva Scooter at October 2, 2009 11:46 AM

The surface is great - if passing, shooting, and stick handling aren't really important to you. In the hopes of getting a hold of the ball I'm bringing a tennis racket next week instead of my brand new, busted up hockey stick that was clearly no match for the surface. I also recommend that the goaltenders wrap their pads in Teflon to try to reduce the stuffing carnage that emanates each time they "slide" on the not-so-forgiving surface. On the plus side, I suppose we’ll be able to play through the frost and ice with little or no problem this winter.

Posted by The Colonel at September 29, 2009 09:32 PM

I'll echo Scrappy; it's not that bad. In fact, it's probably the way the courts were when they first opened, about 16 years ago. The bumps will wear down. Damn sensationalist media...

Posted by Living Legend at September 29, 2009 12:29 PM

Is it equivalent to the reservoir surface?

Posted by Velma at September 29, 2009 09:23 AM

It's not that bad V, at least, you get used to it.

You know the media, they always blow things out of proportion ;)

Posted by Scrappy at September 29, 2009 07:16 AM

The surface is that bad, eh?

Posted by Velma at September 28, 2009 07:56 PM

I don't blame you Nibs. I'd run for cover too. Although, at 20-20 in overtime it's a bit of a blow to team confidence when your goaltender runs to the corner of the court.

Posted by The Colonel at September 27, 2009 10:42 PM