Comments: Thirst for victory

that didn't stop the REAL men...

Posted by pfg at January 27, 2008 02:27 PM

A STATIONARY BAND OF SNOW HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE CENTRAL SUBURBS OF GREATER VANCOUVER. NEW WESTMINSTER BURNABY COQUITLAM AND PORT MOODY ARE CURRENTLY AFFECTED BY THIS LOCALIZED BAND OF SNOW. 5 TO 10 CM OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED OUT OF THIS LOCALIZED BAND BEFORE EASING LATER THIS AFTERNOON. ELSEWHERE MAINLY CLOUDY SKIES AND A CHANCE OF FLURRIES CAN BE EXPECTED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. AN ARCTIC RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BEGIN TO BUILD THIS AFTERNOON OVER NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA. COLD TEMPERATURES COMBINED WITH STRONG OUTFLOW WINDS WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES OF MINUS 20 BY THIS EVENING. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS (The Weather Network, January 27, 2008).

Posted by The Weather Colonel at January 27, 2008 01:11 PM

S'now game? It's toasty warm inside my blizzard blasted abode. Just me, the missus, and a bottle of rum. Yo, ho, ho!

Posted by The Colonel at January 27, 2008 01:06 PM

As of 8 AM, it IS snowing.

Posted by Living Legend at January 27, 2008 08:17 AM

pfg will be there

Posted by pfg at January 26, 2008 11:31 PM

As of 10 PM Saturday, it's not snowing.

Posted by Living Legend at January 26, 2008 10:07 PM

Is it still snowing?

Posted by The Colonel at January 26, 2008 08:26 PM

I won't be there Sunday, I have to work.

Posted by Scooby at January 26, 2008 11:56 AM

More action videos!

Posted by Road Warrier at January 22, 2008 04:20 PM

Oh and finally ...Nice Video!

Posted by Elvis at January 21, 2008 03:16 PM

I meant good of course ....um, A-men.

Posted by elvis at January 21, 2008 03:11 PM

I think Suburb was right when he said the return of Lobsterboy was overshadowed! Great to have you back Lobster... and for the record I think he played the his best game in years yesterday.

He was huge between the pipes... and god game to all.

Posted by elvis at January 21, 2008 03:10 PM

Gump: ive sold your pads on ebay. I am sore as well, what a rough introduction back to the game a six pack challenge! WE would have won if my conditioning was better... see you on the courts

Posted by lobsterboy at January 21, 2008 02:46 PM

MVPFG, MVPFG, MVPFG!!!!

WE WON!!!! YEAH!!!!

I was instrumental...I don't know about that. I was on my ass most of the game, you should see the bruising. Only scored 2 goals all game. One more than Billy Idol I think...that shift was awesome where Cowboy, Scrappy and I each scored. It was like the Ottawa Senators top line, only we have way less skill and much smaller pay checks. Great game to both the goalies. I don't think I want to play in net anymore.

Posted by Gump at January 21, 2008 09:53 AM

What a heartbreaker. Great game everyone, I have a feeling I'll be feeling this one tomorrow.

Posted by Unabomber at January 20, 2008 11:39 PM

that was a colossal game; huge kudos to my team for staying with it even while we were right behind the eight ball. Bringing the other six pack for you guys next weekend, you deserve to sip from spoils too. Even you youngsters :). Well played to Colonel, Lobsterboy, and the rest of your team too. Epic.

Posted by pfg at January 20, 2008 10:22 PM

Man, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the game today...it sounds like it was awesome.

Congrats PFG...holding off a team that has Lak, Kid and Colonel is a hell of an accomplishment!

Posted by Beetle Boy at January 20, 2008 09:13 PM

Fantastic game today and great report. I think both goalies were amazing at different stages of the game. For the first half Lobsterboy just shut the door and PFG must have bailed us out on about ten or twelve defensive collapses when we were ahead 17-14.

Posted by Scrappy at January 20, 2008 07:50 PM

Congrats PFG. And, to your entire team - a well played second half.

Posted by The Colonel at January 20, 2008 07:50 PM