Comments: Pre-Stick slaughter

Yes, it certainly was. I miss Philderama.

Posted by The Colonel at May 1, 2006 09:43 PM

The Classic:

Posted by fan at May 1, 2006 05:10 AM

so some unfortunate news, and hopefully Shakey can fill us in later tonight with a better update, but it doesn't look likely he'll be able to play tomorrow. a twenty foot long twelve foot high chain link and barbed wire gate overbalanced and clipped him pretty badly at the end of work today. He was left pretty banged up, with a possible sprain/broken wrist. Here's hoping it's not that serious, but regardless, i'm fairly certain tomorrow the bruises and cuts are going to hurt even worse--unlikely he'll feel up to getting some more...
Wendel, got a few legal questions for you tomorrow. Mike has a case to sue this stupid landlord of the warehouse, who, despite repeated requests over the last three years to fix the unsafe gate, has not. This is the third incident of the gate falling over, and the second of someone getting injured.
someone should remember a cooler tomorrow for the balls as well.

Posted by pfg at April 29, 2006 07:09 PM

sorry. can't have a baby like you in my manly truck. maybe if you'd kept your composure...

Posted by pfg at April 28, 2006 08:21 PM

I for one want to see Shakey there... I figure hes this years Rudy. Stanley Stick time should bring out teh Beast in him. I just hope hes on my team -or hes going to see a new side of me...which brings me to my next point:

As far losing my composure after last weeks romp -Im not too worried about that. The stick is a different game all together. Its been a pretty lax and non-competetive season all year long ...but that will all change on Sunday. There's just too much on the line.

ps. Pete I need a ride on Sunday if possible.

Posted by elvis at April 28, 2006 06:18 PM

Thanks Legend

Posted by Billy Idol at April 28, 2006 11:50 AM

Hoss should be fine. John Boy, Wheels and Buzz haven't played the requisite number of games. Billy Idol will be able to take Lobsterboy's place in the lineup in Week 2.

Posted by Living Legend at April 28, 2006 09:10 AM

Shakey,

You've earned your spot. You should play. Others haven't. I'm just trying to get some feedback to understand who is eligible. For instance, Hoss has played 5 times this year. Does that make him eligible? Jon Boy, Wheels, and Buzz definitely have not. Are they eligible?

What's the deal Commish?

Posted by The Colonel at April 27, 2006 11:42 PM

paul one should be elligible.

Posted by fan at April 27, 2006 11:33 PM

WHOA! big words from the rookie. don't worry about a backlash though. not enough traffic on the comments board from the veterans this year.

Posted by pfg at April 27, 2006 10:19 PM

Listen I'm a newcomer, but I'm ready to play the stick. If colonel is scared to play some of the newcomers it's understandable but I think we all just have to look at the mirror to know whose truly stick-worthy. That's all I have to say.

Posted by Shakey at April 27, 2006 10:14 PM

lobster, how's the eye?

Posted by pfg at April 27, 2006 10:09 PM

I wont be able to make the first game but I can make the second. Can I

Posted by billy idol at April 27, 2006 03:43 PM

i agree with colonel. sort of. I think that the eligibility for the stanley stick shouldn't be based on playing in 3 (or 5, or whatever it has been changed to) games throughout the year--I think it should be 3 (or 5, again whatever) games played in the two months leading up to the Stanley Stick. this rewards players who choose to step up when it matters--not those who have simply slacked off throughout the year.
discuss. i'm sure many will have lots to say about this. if they chose to step up...

Posted by pfg at April 26, 2006 11:40 PM

I won't be available for may 7, but it won't matter because i have been playing so poorly...

Posted by lobsterboy at April 26, 2006 10:32 AM

Wow, now that was about as accurate a write-up as I've ever seen. What an atrocity Sunday was - completely disheartening. However, I for one wouldn't flinch a muscle if the stick draw ended up exactly the same this week as it was last. Don't count out the veterans. They have a distinct fortitude and ability to rebound in the face of adversity.

Speaking of the stick pull, can the Commissioner reiterate the criteria for being eligible to play in the Stanley Stick? Was it 3 or 5 games played during the season? Do either of these values actually create enough accountability in players to turn out during the regular season? Should we really be rewarding players who've played 3 or even 5 games with a spot in the Stanley Stick?

Posted by The Colonel at April 25, 2006 09:22 AM