Comments: Preseason plummets

Howdy boys,

I'm out for quite some time, as I suffered a pretty severe concussion a couple of months ago and haven't recovered yet.
I've already seen several docs, neurosurgeon and had a couple of CT scans, they all just keep saying it's going to take some time.

Good luck on the start of the season.

Posted by ottoman at October 10, 2005 04:07 AM

Hey all -Do we have enough people for a game today?

Posted by elvis at October 9, 2005 09:12 AM

Gentlemen, challenge game from Tokyo? Street hockey in Tokyo,

Who wants to join me in defending the stanlet stick?

Posted by lobsterboy at October 8, 2005 11:42 PM

10:30 to 12:30 works for me too. Now whether Paul One can actually ever make it to a 10:30 start will be a true test...

Posted by Living Legend at October 5, 2005 10:25 PM

whatta lotta changes this year ... Legend's got distractions, Suburb's semi-retired, now time-limits on the game ... it may not be road hockey's darkest day but it's one of the weirdest.

I'm all for a fixed end-time for the exact same reasons as P1 and LB (i.e. i'm pussy-whipped and not ashamed to admit it). I'd add suggesting we recommit to a 10:30 start-time to make sure we get in a good game.

Posted by wendel at October 5, 2005 09:40 PM

Sorry I missed the opener, but, I figured that if I skipped one game at the beginning, I might have that much more in the tank at the end of the season. Maybe even enough to win the Stick.

How do you guys feel about going to a defined ending time for games (i.e. 12.30 pm).

My wife is expecting in Jan and she's home on bedrest (high blood pressure). It would make it lot easier to attend games for both myself and L-Boy if we could tell(sell)our respective spouses on the fact that we'd be home by 1pm.

Also, L-Boy and I had extensive off-season talks with a certain retired roadster who could also attend if games finished at 12.30pm.

What do you think?

Posted by PaulOne at October 5, 2005 04:47 PM

Posted by The Colonel at October 5, 2005 10:51 AM

Good work boys to start the season. I was south of the border attending a wedding. Hope to be at the regular-season opener, baby permitting. Look forward to seeing Colonel land on his arse with a resounding fat whomp as he tries to catch me blowing by ... i always knew the tall & lean thing was just an act, really he's been working on his pot-belly for years ...

Posted by wendel at October 3, 2005 10:06 PM

sorry boys fighting la tourista....defintely a spoon, i got to go now!

Posted by lobsterboy at October 3, 2005 02:50 PM