Comments: Stanley Stick Game 2: Lak spells relief

Okay boys, I'm closing the comments because the spam is starting to find its way in.

Posted by Jay Suburb at June 30, 2005 05:58 PM

Has anyone taken it? Since i am going on vacation with paulone, this would be an excellent opportunity to torment him all summer! Should we meet for a summer beer to celbrate the victory?

Posted by lobsterboy at June 27, 2005 02:12 PM

i take it.

Posted by pfg at June 23, 2005 11:05 PM

How did you engrave the trophy without my hockey pool winnings?

Posted by Wink at June 23, 2005 01:33 PM

The trophy is engraved. Who wants it?

Posted by Living Legend at June 23, 2005 08:32 AM

Try soda water. It seems to get everything out.

Posted by Wink at June 22, 2005 07:17 AM

I'll call you. A week in and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Looks like a long road ahead. grumble, grumble, grumble

Posted by The Colonel at June 20, 2005 11:40 PM

colonel email me pgrier@mac.com or 604.733.9936. advice too long for post

Posted by pfg at June 20, 2005 10:26 AM

PFG, I tore my MCL last night playing in an unsactioned league. Any hints from a guy who's been there, done that?

Posted by The Colonel at June 14, 2005 12:56 AM

oooh no thank you ... i am into lobsters not crabs. I do think that sea turtles are quite nice ... I bet their beaks pack quite the bite.

SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!

where do you boys play together? perhaps I can join you some time?

Posted by Frankygoestohollywood at June 9, 2005 12:59 AM

ahh Frankie wouldn't you like to know?? Just ask those "girls" Lobsterboy met on his recent trip to Asia.

Posted by wendel at June 7, 2005 11:22 PM

I searched on "lobster + boy" and ended up here. Could I ask, is there a lobstergirl? I've always been partial to being clawed. Tell me, do you pinch hard?

Posted by Frankygoestohollywood at June 7, 2005 12:17 AM

Listen Frankie, relax don't do it...interesting 'handle name', how did you find our website? Victory tour over, I ammin Guandzhou and heading hometomorrow! Who has the cup, i need to annoy my wife by putting in on the mantelpiece..

Posted by lobsterboy at May 31, 2005 09:18 AM

What is this? A website devoted to some strange cult?

Posted by Frankygoestohollywood at May 30, 2005 10:52 PM

Well I am glad that I have the support of my teamates during my recent ordeal in Japan and Korea. Sorry PFG, I was genuinly surprized as my school sanctionned guidebook, the Rainbow Guide to Asia, advised to go to this bathouse as it guaranteed full entry and surprizes. Now I am in China and I will go to the forwards to the back club tonight for some communist cheer. Will keep you posted as I continue my victory lap(dance) of Asia!

Posted by lobsterboy at May 30, 2005 02:15 AM

... and as he fled he was overheard saying, "No more, no more you insatiable beasts! Robster-san needs a rest!"

Posted by wendel at May 29, 2005 10:46 AM

the best part is that he fled the bath house 'after an hour'...

Posted by pfg at May 27, 2005 08:02 PM

My drink came shooting out of my nose when I read Robster-san's last post. That's absolute classic Lobster.

Posted by The Colonel at May 27, 2005 06:11 PM

Oh come now, lobsterboy, your surprise over finding yourself being serviced by some like minded and like equiped masseurs is a little strained, don't you think? you've been visiting asia for a long time now, and we know that you know what to expect...

Posted by pfg at May 27, 2005 07:43 AM

Well, that was shocking, it seems that many of the girls who wanted to touch the 'trophy' were actually equipped with similar equipment. So I fled the bath-house after an hour, while they called after me Robster-san, Robster-san quick massage? Please don't tell Maria.

Posted by lobsterboy at May 26, 2005 06:53 PM

Thanks for the update from Asia.
I'll let Maria how well you doing with ladies.
Your bro in law.

Posted by PaulOne at May 23, 2005 08:54 PM

I am enjoying my victory lap in Asia, picked up some chicks in japan, now i am in korea, my nickname has powerful intonations in asia, SUGOI!

Posted by lobsterboy at May 22, 2005 04:34 AM

So that was hell of game. Congrats to winners; i'm glad it was you who score winning goal Lak, and i'm glad we all made it tough as hell for you to win. all my team mates--you fought like hell, played full team game. Thanks to Paul One for organizing our strategy, and to all you guys who implemented it. MVP award goes to all of you.
see you in the summer...or at the afternoon game...

Posted by pfg at May 21, 2005 07:34 PM

Una,

Both.

Posted by Wink at May 17, 2005 08:04 PM

In my back?
...or on the top of Lobster's catching mitt?

Posted by Unabomber at May 17, 2005 04:48 PM

LINE CHANGE!

Posted by Wink at May 17, 2005 10:01 AM

Sorry about the cross-checks, Una, but I was just digging for the ball, too.

Posted by Wink at May 17, 2005 10:01 AM

Paul, it was definitely more "war-like" out there. However, I believe it was war-like •enough• w/ the COWball I took to the ear, Gump's 2 hander below my knee-cap & the sprained ankle I endeared w/o additional (& needless, I might add) cross checks to the spine from a certain someone's ALUMINUM stick. But war is all about giving & taking & I did my share of both, as most everyone did. All in all it was a hard fought battle & a Stick for the ages. Myself, I'm glad the intensity was cranked up for game 2...its the way the game was meant to be played this time of year.

Have a great summer everyone, with the rest I'm hoping for a healthier season next year! I look forward to the mid-summers game too.
10-4

Posted by Unabomber at May 17, 2005 01:13 AM

Wink it's good to see that winning hasn't spoiled you, you're still your usual prickly surly sarcastic self.

Posted by wendel at May 16, 2005 11:18 PM

Blue balls...Red Bull...yep, I've got two more words for you -- LINE CHANGE.

Posted by Wink at May 16, 2005 10:11 PM

Lobsterboy,

Actually according to Elvis the secret to his success is that he abstained the night before.

Apparently BlueBalls beats RedBulls!

Posted by PaulOne at May 16, 2005 04:23 PM

Winning the stick--great, giving back to Gump his hockeypants that are stained with my sweat, champagne, and emblazoned with victory-priceless.

Paulone, Elvis did not need any Redbull to fire himself up, just some sweet loving the night before with a lovely lass was good enough for him. Is Elvis the rhi lothario and worthy of being called the new Sexboy?

Posted by lobsterboy at May 16, 2005 03:24 PM

"Your honour...I didn't see, how you say, attempted murder. I saw wily strategizing and gritty competitive spirit."
That's fine defence lawyering there, Wendel. F. Lee Bailey, Johnny Cochran, Alan Dershowitz, Wendel...
Keep it up...after a couple of more e-mails, Paul One will be getting the chair.

Posted by Wink at May 16, 2005 03:16 PM

... but not wondering about the lurid e-mail inquiries??? Very interesting Paul One ...

But don't worry, I am unable to act on Lobsterboy's instructions because I don't know what the hell he's talking about. I saw no evidence at the game of anything other than wily strategizing and gritty competitive spirit.

Great game everyone, both sides dug extra deep and made this Stick a truly memorable one. Have a great summer and we'll see you in the autumn or at the midsummer game if there is one!

Posted by wendel at May 16, 2005 02:13 PM

I was kinda wondering about the scratches on my car and pizza's.

Posted by PaulOne at May 16, 2005 01:17 PM

Don't worry about it Paul One. There's no hard feelings.
In a related story, I feel bad that someone keyed your car last night. And I don't know how Panago could mix things up so badly and send you 24 ham and asparagus pizzas. And how pictures of you ended up in the gay male order bride website are beyond me.

Posted by Wink at May 16, 2005 01:07 PM

As a frequent injured participant in your win at all costs mentally, I would like to thank you for your graciousness even in defeat. However, PFG and I have asked Wendel to serve you with papers for assault, delay of games strategies, and using illegal Red Bull supplements during the game.

Kudos, to WInk who,has not won the trophy since 1997! Yuo have beaten the bambino's curse :)

Posted by lobsterboy at May 16, 2005 12:47 PM

Sounds like I missed a doozie.

Congrats to both teams for their incredible efforts, to Team Grey for the victory, and to PFG for what sounds like a heroic goaltending effort!

Posted by The Colonel at May 16, 2005 10:45 AM

I'd like to offer a hearty note of congrats to the victorious Stanley Stick champions. You took everything we threw at you and you won the hard-fought battle. You guys played as a team and you overcame every "trick" and "strategy" we could muster. Kudos for playing through it all.

On a more personal note, I'd like to offer my respect to my more "personal combatants". My style of game (for better or worse) has always been a "win at all costs" affair. Nothing personal is intended and I hope that the feeling is reciprocal. At the end of the day, there isn't a single roadster out there I wouldn't gladly swill beers with.

By the way, Unabomber,,How was that for a "War -like atmosphere" game?

Posted by PaulOne at May 16, 2005 10:03 AM