Comments: Stanley Stick preview: comeback sets stage

Looks doubtful that I'm going to be able to make it once again. Good luck everyone.

Posted by ottoman at May 8, 2005 04:29 AM

I think we should rally against Lobster! And remember if you fall on him, punch him in the balls. ha ha

Posted by billy idol at May 5, 2005 06:15 PM

Zeus, grant me the favour of having Elvis and Wendel play on the same team against paul-one leg, so that the inanity can end.

We will all miss the fiery temper of the colonel, who will we rally against?

Posted by lobsterboy at May 5, 2005 04:07 PM

Aww Geez, you figured me out Wendy... it's true Im jelous you never say nice things about me -probably cause Im still deeply wounded that my mommy never did either.

Still prefer to have a one-legged One than a fancy-lad lawyer on my side.

Rest up and heel that ankle One -if not for next week but the following game.

Posted by elvis at May 5, 2005 01:47 PM

Aw Elvis, you're just jealous that I say nice things about everyone else but you. There there, it's OK, you've got Paul One-Leg to give you some loving.

Posted by wendel at May 4, 2005 05:12 PM

Saltly, trash talking posts, it must Stanley Stick time again.

Elvis, I've had my ankle in full out R.I.C.E mode for three days and I still can't see my ankle bones through the swelling. It's in rough shape, so, come Sunday you may not want my hobbling, hop-a-long style of play on your team.

That said, here's hoping to us sipping.

Posted by PaulOne at May 4, 2005 03:17 PM

Wendy

-it's not so much the 'nice' comments but the frequency in which you post them -ensuring your nose is as far up absolutely everyones ass as possible.

I only hope when you find yourself in a courtroom defending a client you dont stick to the 'nice-guy' playbook and grow some balls. I'm sure they wont be as receptive to your "Gee whizz guys -at least we gave it a good effort" attitude when there's something at stake.

-Wink, without wasting too much time time on you, Ill only say that Ill see you on the court... oh wait a sec ...maybe I wont! Aren't you the guy who decided it was better to watch last year? Yeaah ...thats right. It wasn't the ball hockey court you dominated last stick, but rather a big sugary coffee frapaccino treat that you were attacking so mercilously.

Maybe this year, the other founding Father will decide to show up instead of drink up.

Hmmm Paul, I dont know. That's a tough call.

Both Lobster and PFG know what's at stake -and shine under pressure. Whatever the draw, One will be glad he's on my team and the other will come to hate me.

Looking forward to winning another stick with ya One.

Posted by elvis at May 4, 2005 02:53 PM

W & W, a little hard on the Elvis weren't you? I enjoy his light hearted takes. Granted he's not writing newspaper columns or legal briefs, but, he's posted some of the greatest RHI board slams (especially when talking about the Colonel or New Guy).

Elvis, great idea on how to fix the card draw, it should totally work out the way we've planned it. Forgot to ask, who do you want as our goalie?

Posted by PaulOne at May 4, 2005 12:48 PM

Wendel, what kind of lawyer spends so much time on the message board--get me out of jail now!

Posted by lobsterboy at May 3, 2005 02:58 PM

Elvis, why exactly do my "nice" comments bother you so much? Between that and your gay jokes, you seem to be trying to cover some deep insecurities.

Posted by wendel at May 3, 2005 02:52 PM

Typical Elvis...not having an original thought. Good thing everybody else leaves the gay jokes alone or you'd have no material.

Posted by Wink at May 3, 2005 02:26 PM

Good call Wink.

Wendel, on occassion you have the ability to make me sick to my stomache with your sissy-boy comments.

Posted by elvis at May 3, 2005 02:23 PM

Well, unless work decides otherwise, I'm planning on coming out to the stick. I'll probably drag my gear out there just in case.

I'd love to participate in the stick, but I don't want to force another goalie to give up their spot, as this year everyone else has played more games than I have.

Posted by ottoman at May 3, 2005 01:38 PM

Wendel,

Why don't you just teach the world to sing in perfect harmony?

Posted by Wink at May 3, 2005 10:44 AM

Yikes PFG & Paul One hope you're both feeling better by game day. The Stick won't be the same without either of you.

Ottoman, would you be up for coming as a "back-up", ready to step in if one of the starting goalies gets injured or is concerned about aggravating an injury? You've been an important part of this season, you should be part of the Stick.

Posted by wendel at May 3, 2005 10:16 AM

That's a very good question Ottoman, considering i'm suffering from cramps today (wait for it, elvis...), and what appears to be a more than minor groin pull. It appears conditioning really will be a factor for next week's game. If my 'lower body injury' looks to be less than what it worth playing on, i'll let you all know...

Posted by pfg at May 2, 2005 10:33 PM

Lobster,
I haven't been out enough this year to warrant taking a spot from you guys. That's why I volunteered my services as something to shoot at while the guys are sitting.

Who are the goalies for the stick anyways? (Lobster and PFG?, Gump and Billy?, Lak?)

Posted by ottoman at May 2, 2005 05:46 PM

You are always welcome Ottoman, you helped to solve the goaltending attendance problems we have been having. How about a game where we switch goalie equipment, you can wear my welfare, second hand, gump-smelling gear! :)

Elvis, don't bet on Paulone, he is at the doctor right now, looking over his ankle, oops, lower extrmety injury

Posted by lobsterboy at May 2, 2005 04:40 PM

If I come out next weekend, would anyone be interested in just taking shots? Or should I just come out and be a spectator?

Posted by ottoman at May 2, 2005 03:31 PM

For what its worth -All I know is that with me and Paul 1 teamed up for yet another consecutive year we're sure to take the stick again. Must say I loved that draw!

Posted by elvis at May 2, 2005 02:20 PM

The losing side sure got a lot of press coverage this week. Wonder which side Jay Suburb played on ...

Posted by wendel at May 2, 2005 08:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Looks like you had a good game today. Just a heads up, I won't be able to make the Stick this year - I've got an educational commitment on May 15th that I just can't get out of. So I guess that puts me out for next week as well. Damn that Commissioner and his early Stick schedule.

Have a great time!